I am currently available for contracting/consulting work.
Are you developing a product or service based on open source technology? Are you designing a mission-critical system? Do you have tight resource constraints, or strenuous reliability and security requirements?
Here’s how I can help:
- Software design and development (C, Python, Go, C++, Assembly wherever needed)
- Open source customization and/or upstreaming work, from device drivers and kernel hacks to system monitoring and dashboard applications.
- Code review/auditing
- Legacy application migration
- Product design
If you need more details about what I can do, my CV is here.
Things that I can bring and you won’t find easily:
- Experience with a wide range of operating systems (Linux, OpenBSD, FreeBSD, Solaris, Windows CE), microprocessor architectures (x86, x86_64, PowerPC, ARM, Itanium, RISC-V), microcontrollers (ARM Cortex M, MSP430, PIC) and DSPs (SHARC).
- Communication and writing skills so good that I’ve been paid to write whitepapers, documentation, tech articles and even children’s stories, not just code.
- An excellent track-record of developing medical, networking and IoT products, from idea to series production.
- Excellent understanding of safety and security standards, best practices, and domain-specific regulatory material.
- An uncanny familiarity with legacy systems, and an appreciation for their reliability. If your application depends on an obscure C compiler for the Amiga, there is a good chance that I am running it on one of my Amigas.
I offer excellent rates, and discounts for long-term projects, returning customers and upstream open source work.
If you want to work with me, or you have questions, feel free to contact me.